2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Time. Last week’s resolution was to Re-evaluate your mantras. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Suffer for fifteen minutes.
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Do you have trouble sticking to your resolutions? Turns out it really does matter.
Get rid of things that don’t work.
Photographs make me happy, but they’re also making me miserable.
(Notice that this post was from three years ago.)
Have you ever had a similar experience — having a task so huge and daunting that you just couldn’t bear to begin it? What strategy did you use finally to tackle it? And am I the only one who has been haunted by my gigantic archives of digital photos?
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* I loved seeing this video — after a fan yells out “I learned to play guitar on that song!” Paul Simon asks her to come up on stage to play it. Look at her hands shake when she’s first up there! And then she plays so well.
That video make me very happy, and it also reminded me of one of my all-time favorite videos: Funny or Die’s video of Jewel singing karaoke in disguise.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: