2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! Last month’s theme was Time, and last week’s resolution was to Observe the one-minute rule. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This month’s theme is Possessions, and this week’s resolution is to Cultivate a shrine. (You’ll see that I bungled the William James quotation a bit when I said it; the passage you see on the screen is the correct version.)
Do you cultivate a shrine, yourself? To what, and how do you do it?
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
6 tips for using mementos to keep happy memories vivid.
Need a simple way to boost your mood in one minute? Look at a photo of someone you love.
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* I’ve become very interested in the sense of smell, and found lots of great information on Michael Edwards’s Fragrances of the World site.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: