2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Possessions, and last week’s resolution was to Cultivate a shrine. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Go shelf by shelf.
But wait, I made a mistake! I said that William Blake wrote that “Order is Heaven’s first law,” but actually it was ALEXANDER POPE. Which I know perfectly well! I don’t know how I made that error.
How about you? Do you agree that outer order contributes to inner calm, for you, or is that not the case? Have you found any good strategies for keeping clutter at bay?
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Fighting clutter? Go shelf by shelf.
10 tips to clear clutter…in less than 10 minutes.
Need a simple and effective way to get your life under control? Try the “one-minute” rule.
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: