2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is the Five Senses, and last week’s resolution was to Listen to your favorite song. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Cultivate good smells.
Zoikes, why am I talking so quickly?
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Happiness is…a beautiful scent: fireplace, baby powder, Christmas tree.
Take a field trip. In my case, to cultivate good smells.
Cultivate good smells.
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* For many people, alcohol raises happiness challenges. In the post The art of mindful drinking, my friend Caren Osten Gerszberg takes a thoughtful look at the issue.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: