Farewell for a week–I’m off on a family vacation. It’s time for an “island of leisure,” as William Edward Hartpole Lecky put it: “Pleasure is a jewel which will only retain its luster when it is in a setting of work, and a vacant life is one of the worst of pains, though the islands of leisure that stud a crowded, well-occupied life may be among the things to which we look back with the greatest delight.”
“But Gretchen,” you may be thinking, “how can I possibly get along without a daily post about happiness?” Ah, all you need to do is to pick up a copy of The Happiness Project or Happier at Home. I can’t resist adding that both books were instant New York Times bestsellers, and The Happiness Project has been on the bestseller list for two years now. Yes, two years. Zoikes.
To learn more about Happier at Home, you can…
- Read a sample chapter on the subject of “time”
- Watch the one-minute book trailer, “Ten ways to be happier at home” (can you guess which way turned out to be controversial?)
- Request the one-page book club discussion guide
- Read the Behind-the-Scenes extra (I had a great time writing this)
To learn more about The Happiness Project, you can…
- Read sample chapters
- Watch the one-minute book video
- Request the one-page discussion guide or spiritual discussion guide
- Listen to a sample of the audiobook (that’s me, reading from the Introduction)
Off I go–I’ll be back in a week. How about you? Have you taken a vacation recently?